[linux-dvb] Problem about structure: usb_data_stream_properties

lwtbenben lwtbenben at 163.com
Thu Jul 26 03:26:57 CEST 2007

>在2007-07-25,"Markus Rechberger" <mrechberger at gmail.com> 写道: can you submit >a _full_ syslog file of your system (not only a cut out part of it)?
>There was a problem in earlier kernels with USB hotplugging, if a
>device disappeared or rebooted the DVB framework deallocated the
>structures immediatelly, so if something tried to access the data
>structures when the device was already deallocated it caused a kernel
>oops.
>Markus
>On 7/25/07, lwtbenben <lwtbenben at 163.com> wrote:
>>  Could somebody please give me some explanation about the structure
>> usb_data_stream_properties, I have no idea how should I initialize my
>> usb_data_stream_properties.
>> Thank you in advance.

Dear Markus:
    Thank you for your reply.
    And last night, I traced this kernel oops, it turned out to be a failure when the DVB core release my stream objects.
    dvb_usb_exit(struct dvb_usb_device)->dvb_usb_adapter_exit(struct dvb_usb_device)->dvb_usb_adapter_stream_exit(&struct dvb_usb_device *d->adapter)->usb_urb_exit(adap->stream)
    So I modified my struct dvb_usb_device_properties structure, mainly the usb_data_stream_properties.buffersize, and the kernel oops disappear.
    But I do not understand, can you give me some help on this issue.
    And I just can not get the meaning of the usb_data_stream_properties. :(:(