[linux-dvb] How to determine the value of usb_data_stream_properties.u.buffersize.

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Fri Jul 27 11:53:25 CEST 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, lwtbenben wrote:

> >> Thank you for ur advice but do we have any material which describes these
> >> dvb_usb about data structures?????
> >No.
> >Are you joking?
> >This *IS* linux.
> >You're expecting NCC-1701-ready docs? Come on.
>     I do not expect that, but I just want to know what is the meaning of the buffersize field? Please.

This field gives the size of the buffer to be allocated by the
data-transfer part of dvb-usb per URB.

Depending on your USB-controller or its firmware this value can vary. You
can try 4096 (and maybe 10 URBs) as a start and you will see what the
device will give you (in fact when it decides to finish the transfer).

Patrick.

  Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de