[linux-dvb] af9005/mt2060 module unload failure

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Jun 14 21:28:23 CEST 2007

En/na Michael Krufky ha escrit:

> I see that inside af9005_fe_init, you are reading from the eeprom to determine
> which tuner is present.  Yes, the correct place for this would be inside the
> "tuner_attach" callback of af9005_properties ...  You say that isn't working for
> you??  Exactly what happens when you do that?

IIRC (that was back in december) I couldn't tune. I don't remember if I
could talk to the tuner or not

> Is it possible that there are some initializations happening inside af9005-fe.c
> that is opening up access to the i2c bus, which you didnt have access to at the
> time of tuner_attach?  If that's the case, then it can (and should) be fixed by
> moving the bus initialization code to a function that is callable from tuner_attach.

I think I tried to separate what is (supposedly) the i2c initialization
in af9005_fe_init somewhere else but it didn't work out. Maybe because I
hadn't clear the exact sequence of events in the dvb-usb infrastructure.

> Perhaps there is an i2c gate being controlled by the demod?  If that's the case,
> then the best way to take care of this is by creating an i2c_gate_ctrl function
> and add it to the frontend_ops struct, so that tuner_attach can call it from
> there, and it will be accessible from within the set_params function of the
> tuner module.
>
> I didn't do a full analysis of this driver yet, but these are some ideas that
> pop into my head at first glance.

Alas, I cannot test anything since my stick died.

Bye

--
Luca