[linux-dvb] Tuning problem with WinFast DTV2000 H (cx88-dvb / cx22702)

Joel Michael joel at gimps-r-us.com
Fri Mar 2 04:14:38 CET 2007

Joel Michael wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with tuning and locking some channels on
> this card.  After a cold boot, it will always lock to any channel, but
> after a while (20 minutes or so) it will refuse to lock to two
> particular frequencies, while the other 3 are fine.  Immediately cold
> booting (ACPI power off, wait about 10 seconds, hit the power button)
> will result in being able to get a channel lock again.  I don't think a
> warm boot fixes the problem (I will test next time it refuses to lock).

Well, I think I've got this sorted out now.  It seems as though this
particular card drops sensitivity when it warms up, and the signal I was
feeding the card was right on the edge of an acceptable signal.  A fan
pointed at the card mitigated the problem enough to keep a stable
signal, and an amplifier has solved the problem entirely.

Now I've realised I need some more capture cards ;-)