[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-H information

Stéphane Esté-Gracias sestegra at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 21:23:53 CET 2007

> > I found on Internet a free application to extract PES or ES from a TS,
> > but don't know how I can 'de-packetize' the RTP/UDP/IP stack to
> > visualize the raw H.264 stream. Do you know application in order to do
> > it?
>
> I used dvbnet apps (available with Linux DVB) to receive datagrams from
> TS on a virtual net interface and routing to a multicast group.
> Then you should be able to dump the H.264 ES with mplayer,
> I used VLC to watch audio and video.
>
> regards,
> Francesco

Hello Francesco,

I've tried without any succes to read DVB-H streams throught dvbnet and VLC.
I only use tcpdump to extract packets from dvbnet interface.

How do you route to a multicast group and read with VLC ?

For your information, I've started (first step) to write a library to decode
ESG in order to obtain SDP (aka PMT like in DVB-H systems)

Please see DVB-APPS repository for LIBESG :
http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps?mf=8b37590c8695;path=/lib/libesg/;style=gitweb

Regards,

Stephane