[linux-dvb] DVB instability with CX88_BOARD_WINFAST_DTV2000H card

Joel Michael joel at gimps-r-us.com
Thu Mar 8 07:57:47 CET 2007

Vincent Pelletier wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a strange instability with this board.
>
> The receprion is perfect for 10~20 minutes, then some glitches (squares,
> arraneous colors... just like corrupted mpeg stream) appear, sound pops and
> within the 15 seconds the video stops.
>
> Then no way to get the tuner back to life, it fails to switch stations.
> Sometimes after some unloading/reloading of modules it works from some more
> minutes, and often requires a full reboot.

This is almost exactly the symptoms I had with mine.  I figured out that
this card is somehow sensitive to heat, and the signal I was feeding it
was quite marginal.  The two things I did was stick a cooling fan next
to the card which made things a little bit better, and install an
amplifier which made it perfect.  Haven't had a drop-out since I
installed the amplifier.