[linux-dvb] Bad TS from dvb-t recording?

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Thu Mar 8 21:19:16 CET 2007

Peter Fassberg <pf at leissner.se> writes:

>> But how do I record a specific program in a mux? If I point out the video
>> and sound pids for a program with
>>
>> dvbstream -f 522000 -o -tm 8 1249 1248 > recordings/test.ts
>>
>> The stream does not play in VLC.
>
> Exact.  That is not a "true" TS as some mandatory PID's is missing.
> PAT/PMT/SDT/NIT/SID ...  I'm sure there is someone who can explain
> exactly what PIDs you need to get i compliant TS.

You need the PAT, PMT, and whatever audio and video belong to your
program.  The PAT always has PID 0, and lists the PID of the PMT for
each program in the mux.  The PMT then lists the PIDs of each
audio/video stream in the program.  The NIT, SDT etc. only contain
meta-information not necessary for playback.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com