[linux-dvb] Doubt about cohexistence of FILTER and PES_FILTER on the same pid

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Mar 11 19:09:59 CET 2007

Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> writes:
>

>>What would happen if I set a pes filter on pid N (e.g. pmt_pid) and at
>>the same time a section filter on the same pid?
>>Would I get data from both or only from the section filter?
>>The pdf doesn't mention this possible use case (or at least I didn't
>>find it).
>

> Whatever happens, doing that wouldn't make any sense.  A PID carries
> either PES data or sections, never both.

I need to set the PES_FILTER because I want the pid interleaved with
the others in the TS read from dvr0, but at the same time I'd like to
have the section already collected by the kernel demuxer.
Yes, SET_PES_FILTER is a misnomer.

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users