[linux-dvb] IR device changes after reboot

Paul Wilson paul at wilsononline.id.au
Mon Mar 12 06:54:37 CET 2007

Is there any way to lock down or predict what device my CX-88 IR input
class is going to use.
My device event# seems to change after every reboot which means I need
to manual re-configure my lircd device settings

eg
input: cx88 IR (digitalnow DNTV Live!  as /class/input/input3
which means I need to set my config as follows
cat /etc/sysconfig/lircd
LIRCD_OPTIONS="-H dev/input -d /dev/input/event3"

After a reboot with no h/w changes this swithes to input3/event3

This is driving me nuts as I have to check this after each reboot to see
if this has changed.

Paul