[linux-dvb] Re: IR device changes after reboot

Paul Wilson paul at wilsononline.id.au
Mon Mar 12 07:48:12 CET 2007

this is my output from udevinfo
I'm running on FC6  which has some files called : /etc/udev/rules.d

So can someone give me a leg-up to piece this all together, thanks

udevinfo -a -p /class/input/event3

Udevinfo starts with the device specified by the devpath and then
walks up the chain of parent devices. It prints for every device
found, all possible attributes in the udev rules key format.
A rule to match, can be composed by the attributes of the device
and the attributes from one single parent device.

  looking at device '/class/input/input3/event3':
    KERNEL=="event3"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input"
    SYSFS{dev}=="13:67"

  looking at parent device '/class/input/input3':
    ID=="input3"
    BUS=="input"
    DRIVER==""
    SYSFS{uniq}==""
    SYSFS{phys}=="pci-0000:01:08.0/ir0"
    SYSFS{name}=="cx88 IR _digitalnow DNTV Live_ "

Paul
==