[linux-dvb] HVR4000 Support

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Wed Mar 14 17:10:04 CET 2007

> I will test the above sometime later, yet in the meantime I retrofitted
> the cx24116 demod driver into v4l-dvb hg minus the multiproto/dvb-s2 support and it
> functions. A bug was discovered which is probably the cause of the issue
> detailed below.
>
> There is a tarball for if you are interested, plus a scan output and kaffeine
> channel config for Astra-28.2E at http://dev.kewl.org/tmp/hvr4000/

That's exactly how the driver was originally developed. It's basically
held up behind multiproto for the S/S2 modulation selection during
tuning. You can absolutely make it work with the existing V4l-dvb tree
if you don't mind limited modulation support.  It will be semi-limited.

I'm not likely support any effort to merge this into mainline until
multiproto truely arrives, else Manu's work is undermined. However...
Good work, thanks. It may help some people.

Regards,

Steve