[linux-dvb] HVR4000 Support

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Fri Mar 16 18:41:50 CET 2007

Darron Broad wrote:
> In message <45FAB175.6090803 at hauppauge.com>, Steven Toth wrote:
>
> Hi Steve.
>

>> Darron Broad wrote:
>>
> <...>
>

>> Has anyone had a chance to try the stoth/hvr4000 tree after the recent
>> fixes? It's certainly going through the correct motioned for tuning now.
>> (I don't have a feed available for testing right now).
>>

> I just pulled and installed the repo and DVB-S works fine in kaffeine.
>
> The combined bug fixes are a success.
>
> I don't know how to test DVB-S2, but I will hunt around for a clue.

I hand modified dvbtune with some extra args to send via the new API (as
well as the old). I can make that available if you need it, that what I
used for testing in Europe on Astra 19.2. I patches version 0.05, now
that I look at the sourceforge.net site, it hasn't changed from 0.5 for
3 years. :(

This won't help you unless you're running with the multiproto API.

I just assumed other dvb tools (by now) would be updated and I'd drop my
patches.
>> Remember, DiSEqC is not implemented.
>>

> Understood. I've resorted to using a nokia 9600s on a priority
> switch to send diseqc down the wire :-) If you have any idea how
> Diseqc is done on the hvr4000 please say, it would appreciated
> and I am willing to investigate and implement if possible.

I have to look back through my notes but this is pretty trivial, let me
look into this. From memory, we receive a buffer of bytes, we reformat
the buffer into a cx24116 firmware command and execute it.

In summary then: existing DVBS tuning is working fine (without DiSEqC)
using the current hvr4000 tree. That's good news.

Regards,

Steve