[linux-dvb] Compile problem for Technotrend TT-budget S2-3200 card

deon at nulan.co.za deon at nulan.co.za
Tue Mar 27 12:10:39 CEST 2007

Hi Artem,

Quoting Artem Makhutov <artem at makhutov.org>:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 07:43:19AM +0200, deon at nulan.co.za wrote:
>> Has anyone had success in compiling this driver?
>
> Only with a 2.6.16 or 2.6.17 kernel. I don't remember it. But the driver
> did not worked for me.
>
>> I have taken the snapshot from the linuxtv.org website. I have tried
>> to compile against the latest kernel (2.6.20.1).
>>
>> Problems I found:
>>
>> 1. The make_makefile.pl refuses to run - fixed that by making it executeable
>>   (and a lot of other .pl files)
>> 2. When I run 'make' in the directory I get "No rule to make target
>> '.config', needed by '.myconfig' Stop"
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> You need to download this file:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?f=1cea9d21d3a8;file=v4l/scripts/make_myconfig.pl;style=gitweb

Ah, thanks.

> It is missing in the snapshot. This file generates the .myconfig.
>
>> I have extracted the files in a directory not under the kernel sources dir.
>>
>> My kernel source is located in /usr/src/kernels/linux (where linux is
>> a softlink to the 2.6.20.1 source dir.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> The driver is not (yet) ready.
> Manu Abraham announced to release a new driver soon. So if you are not a
> kernel hacker the best you can do is to wait for his update :)

Ain't it always the case ;-)! Will see if I can commit to some support
from or side. We really need a quality solution with CA support. In my
side of the world (southern hemisphere) all channels are encrypted
(scrambled).

> Greetings, Artem
>
> --
> Artem Makhutov
> Unterort Str. 36
> D-65760 Eschborn

Thanks for yor assistance. Much appreciated.
Deon Stoltz
NuLAN
South Africa