[linux-dvb] AirStar HD5000 USB driver support

Victor Zele vzele at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 23:56:26 CEST 2007

This is a follow up to my tech post for this device at,

  http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:TechniSat_AirStar-HD5000-USB

  I have contacted BBTI support regarding this device and they confirmed the USB version uses the same internal PCI modules of the AirStar-HD5000-PCI and bridges this to USB 2.0 using the PLX NetChip 2282.  This device is currently supported under the gadget USB driver ( http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/ ) so I think updating the driver to support might be fairly easy.

  I would offer to help test this on my device if someone can help.

  thanks,
  Victor