[linux-dvb] Anysee E30C Plus (Re: DVB-C developers interested in receiving an USB adapter for hacking?)

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Tue Oct 2 15:54:52 CEST 2007

Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> I've access to one unused Anysee E30 Plus DVB-C USB adapter, which is
> useless to me without Linux support. Is there anyone eg. in Europe
> who'd be willing to receive the adapter by mail and thinks he/she
> could possibly put together a support (eventually)?

Timo lent his device and I am working with this now.

Looks like it not very hard to find out how USB control messages are
made up :) Hopefully Philips TDA10023 DVB-C demodulator driver does not
need to changes...

Tuner is simple PLL that is controlled as usual by four bytes. Anyhow,
it would be nice to know the name of tuner IC. I opened metal can and
there is one IC "S A5360 / C1432". I think S could mean IC manufacturer,
probably Samsung. Is that "tuner IC" or some other IC needed in tuner?
Picture can be found from:
http://otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/Anysee_E30C_Plus/pictures/IMG_4576.JPG

Regards
Antti