[linux-dvb] Technisat DVB-S2 Skystar HD

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Wed Oct 3 00:22:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 05:09:59PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Artem Makhutov wrote:
> > It is possible to tune to DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels.
> >
> > The driver has the same issues like the old driver on getting a LOCK
> > on both DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels.
>
> In stb0899_drv.c. where you see SearchRange=3MHz, try increasing it to
> 10MHz and see whether it makes any difference ?

I have the feeling that it has improved the situation, but the problem is
still not solved.

I got 73 LOCK's and 7 FAIL's out of 80 tries to tune the same channel.

I will run the same test with 3 MHz tomorrow. Let's see if there is a
big difference between 3 and 10 MHz.

What exactly does this parameter do?

Regards, Artem

--