[linux-dvb] Video and audio pid problems with dvb-t channels in Norway

Per Thomas Jahr perja at extern.uio.no
Wed Oct 3 09:14:37 CEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 22:59 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> If you compile dvbstream from cvs (dvbtools.sf.net) and run
>
> ./dvbstream  -f FREQUENCY -bw 8 -c 0 -n 10 -prog -o:/dev/null 1
>
> wil give you a list of the available programs, then run

Yes, this works after I modified a header file to include settings for
Norway. BTW: what does "1" at the end mean?

> ./dvbstream  -f FREQUENCY -bw 8 -n 30 -c 0 -prog -o:dump.ts 'PROGRAM
> NAME'
>
> wil dump  30 seconds of program to dump.ts, that players such as
> mplayer, vlc, xine and kaffeine could be able to play.

I got a large dump.ts file but none of the suggested programs could play
it back. I tried f.ex. mplayer without any special options.

Do you want me to upload the dump.ts to
ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/incoming ?

Thanks
--