[linux-dvb] Hauppauge HVR-4000

Ian Bonham ian.bonham at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:03:24 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I've been searching list archives for a while and can't find an absolute
answer to this, but can someone please let me know the status of the
HVR-4000 at the moment please? I'm using Steve's driver (thanks for the work
on this Steve) and can get DVB-S/2 perfectly, including BBC-HD. I'm now
trying to tune to local DVB-T channels, but can't really find any recent
info on the status of this card.
Kaffeine only sees the DVB-S section of the card, and finds channels on
Astra 28.2e no probs, but there is no entry for DVB-T. I do have entries in
dev for video, radio and vbi, but nothing seems to use them properly. MythTV
sees the /dev/video0 but cannot find any channels either as analogue or DVB.
The DVB-T signal is strong down here, as I have had success getting a
Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick tuned in.
I've read fragmented info on lists about using ivtv with the T portion of
the card and lots of other bits and pieces on maybe getting it working.
However nothing seems concrete about it.

If someone could please take a sec to let me know the status, and if the
DVB-T should be working if you can set me on the right track I'll work it
out from there! I'm trying to tune to Spanish/European DVB-T (if that makes
any difference? I'm not sure if there is a different rev. of the card
between EU/USA)

Many thanks for taking the time to read/reply,

Bon

P.S - For info, I'm located in Gibraltar (Very Southern Spain) and using a
1.5m dish can get a good signal on Astra 28.2e (Sky). Anyone looking to
receive BBC/ITV FTA (Freeview) channels in Southern Spain could do worse
than look at this card. Considering the Astra footprint is borderline down
here and even some Sky boxes struggle, this card is very good at getting all
FTA channels here, and with the addition of BBC-HD coming in well, I'm very
pleased/surprised with the results. Thanks go again to Steve for working on
the driver.