[linux-dvb] improving the quality of DVB signal

MikeW mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 12:18:15 CEST 2007

<ngocminh_bk_nd <at> yahoo.com> writes:

>Hi all  I have 2 cards DVB-T & DVB-S of  TWINHAN but i can't  use the
>kaffeine to watch TV channels because the level of signal approxiate 33%.
>when i use modules  #modprobe :  bttv  bt878  dst  dvb_core  dvb-bt8xx
>the commands
># scan asiat3 >channels.conf  #szap -c channels.conf  bloomberg -r
># cat dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /home/ron/file.ts
>the signal of file.ts is very bad, not continuous.
>But when i try these card on Window the signal is good,
>about 88%  How can I improve the signal? please help me. Thank you!

Are you sure that the two numbers quoted are calculated in the same way ?
Are they peak or average or windowed-average ?
Or even refer to the same signal quality indicator ?

Assuming you are comparing like with like, since some frontends with
silicon tuners have adaptive/tracking filtering, it's possible that the
Linux driver does not use the manufacturer's best algorithm for tuning.

Regards,
MikeW