[linux-dvb] Twinhan VP1041 and 64-bit FC6 troubles

Simeon Simeonov simeonov_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 19:16:57 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

I have hard time getting the VP1041 (Azureware AD-SP
400)
to work properly with 64-bit FC6. I used the drivers
from
Twinhan web site. First compiled them with the stock
kernel-2.6.18-1.2798, then I tried with the latest
2.6.22 -2 FC6 kernel. The drivers compile OK. They
also load just fine, the frontend is created and all
of the nodes in /dev/dvb* are created just fine.
The problem is when I try to use the interface - as
soon as I try to open the frontend I get kernel Oops.
It looks like stb0899 module is not happy about
something.
I've seen that some people are using the card - how
did you guys get it to work? Could it be the 64-bit
that is giving me problems?

Thanks.
Simeon