[linux-dvb] Future of Multiproto

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Tue Oct 9 23:44:00 CEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007, Artem Makhutov wrote:

> I am wondering about the future of the Multiproto API.

me too -- thanks for asking

> Will the Multiproto API be part of the upcoming DVB-API, is it just a
> short time solution to make the DVB-S2 devices work or is Multiproto the
> new DVB-API?

For a long time I believed the API was basically agreed upon
and Manu and IIRC Steve were implementing drivers. Once the
drivers were ready (and thus proved the API works) the whole
thing would've been merged.

But I lost track of the "DVB API update" thread. Maybe
Manu and Steve could fill us in what their conclusion of this
thread was and what the plan is now.

Thanks,
Johannes