[linux-dvb] Re : Re : [Patch] saa7146: 'wait_for_debi_done' fixes

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 10 20:39:02 CEST 2007

On 10/10/2007 01:02:46 PM, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> manu wrote:
> > On 10/09/2007 06:15:14 PM, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > > @all users of saa7146-based cards
> > >
> > > (drivers: dvb-ttpci, budget, budget-ci, budget-av)
> > >
> > > Please test whether the attached patch has any negative effects.
> > >
> > > Two fixes for the 'saa7146_wait_for_debi_done' code:
> > > (a) Timeout did not work when the routine was called with
> interrupts
> > >     disabled.
> > > (b) Reduce PCI I/O load caused by saa7146_wait_for_debi_done.
> > >     Seems to be very important on fast machines!
> > >
> > > Based on a patch posted by e9hack at vdr-portal.
> > >
> > > If nobody complains I will commit this patch next week.
> >
> > Well sorry it seems to create an oops on my box. Just to make sure
> > though: it is the first time I compile and load modules from
> mercurial
> > and so could it just be a compatibility problem with my 2.6.20-16
> > Ubuntu Feisty kernel?
>
> Please make sure that you do not mix v4l/dvb modules from the original
> kernel and the HG driver, or you will see all kinds of crashes.
>
> First try the HG driver without my patch. If it works, apply the patch
> and try again.

OK no more problem with or without the patch. I mean no more oops as I
still have the problem I describe on the list though now with a
completely clean dmesg: everything seems OK in the log but the frontend
looks unresponsive (I get no signal though I am sure everything is well
configured as it used to work...). If you can have a look at my other
post on the ML that could help me a lot.
Thx
Manu