[linux-dvb] DiB0700 device report

Dan Harper dan at danharper.org
Thu Oct 11 17:05:51 CEST 2007


On 11/10/2007, at 8:12 PM, Laz wrote:
> Bizarrely, my system has been running with no problems for about a  
> week
> without any problems at all! When I initially updated to the new  
> modules
> and firmware, I had a couple of hard lockups in the first day or so.
> Since then, I have changed nothing...
>
> I have had my suspicions that this is a signal level issue, i.e. poor
> signal quality causes the lockups, but this is difficult to test!
>
> Maybe I'll start waggling the aerial lead to see if it kills it!

I'm not sure if it helps, but I was able to fix my problems by  
rebooting the server each morning using a cron job (my server runs  
24x7).  At first I got better results from unloading/reloading the  
modules each morning, but then I still got errors a couple of days a  
week.  Now, since rebooting each morning, I haven't had a problem since.

It's not ideal, but it's so refreshing to have a reliable MythTV  
setup now!

Dan




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list