[linux-dvb] Future of Multiproto

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:50:05 CEST 2007

Steven Toth wrote:
> Speaking purely for myself, my involvement with linuxtv varies depending
> on my other work commitments. For this reason, I do not expect to review
> every patch which gets created against the various drivers I've ever
> brought to life. So, Manu's idea doesn't work for me, and I have no idea
> whether it would work for Mauro (higher up my foodchain).

According to the kernel development policy, an author need not be a
MAINTAINER. If you do not which to maintain it, you can pass on the
maintainership to someone else whom you wish to. It is that simple.

> One final thought. You would not believe how many individuals and
> commercial companies have contacted me re: HVR4000 S2 support in Linux.
> It's an important _missing_ feature.

Every device it is the same. It is not the issue with the HVR400 alone, there
are other S2 devices as well. Even the S2 features that are in are just
partial as well.

Manu