[linux-dvb] Future of Multiproto

Marcel Siegert mws at linuxtv.org
Fri Oct 12 13:15:34 CEST 2007

hi,

can everybody _please_ stop this unnessessary discussion?

manu, nobody is playing politics in the moment,
not johannes, not steven, not anyone else.

maybe sometimes it is hard to understand what people want to
say if you have all the "bad" past in mind.

what was said in coherence to your multiproto api change is just as
simple as follows:

please state if you are ready to merge multiproto to the main
repository, whatever way it will take into.

steven has got a ready driver, that demonstrated your api is fine and works,
you have got your stb0899 driver "nearly" done, and also beside some
small problems due to the device, its also proven working.

if there is something missing from dvb-s2 specs that is not needed to
actually watch tv, dont take any care on that to prevent multiproto to
be merged.

we can get rid of _all_ the momentary stupid discussions if you are
ready to merge it.

thus we could go back concentrate developing stuff, merge it, satisfy
endusers instead of having to spent all of our time to behave like
linuxtv.childhood.

HTH
marcel