[linux-dvb] DVB driver for WinTV-D card

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Oct 15 13:41:04 CEST 2007

CityK wrote:
> Olin Atkinson wrote
>
>> Has anyone done any work on getting the
>> digital side working?  I would love to help.  I am an electrical engineer
>> who has worked as a java programmer for the last 11 years.  I have some free
>> time and would like to play with this for the fun of it.
>>

> Stemming from an IRC discussion, held a couple of months ago, about the
> FCV1236 tuner, Mike Krufky (who is also a WinTV-D owner...or at least
> was) and I looked at the WinTV-D, and, as far as what we could see from
> the archives, no work ever went in towards the digital side.  It would
> likely not be an easy task at that -- one of the difficulties right out
> of the gate would be in obtaining documentation for the LG decoder --
> there is none to be found via google, so other means will likely be
> necessary.  I don't know if LG or Hauppauge would be interested in
> furnishing you with a data sheet .... (Mike had inquired with Hauppauge
> previously, but there apparently wasn't much interest ... but he would
> be able to comment better now, given a change in circumstances).

I was thinking of writing a driver for the tda8960 demod, but CityK is right -- I've no idea how I will attain support for the mpeg decoder, nor am I familiar enough with those types of devices...   I'm more interested in newer devices right now -- sorry.

As it is now, this might be a project for a "rainy day", if all other projects suddenly become boring. :-/

Regards,

Mike