[linux-dvb] [Patch] saa7146: 'wait_for_debi_done' fixes

Tomi Orava tomimo+linux-dvb at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Mon Oct 15 22:26:32 CEST 2007

> Tomi Orava schrieb:
>> I tried your patch and for me it resulted the following constant
>> complaints:
>>
>> saa7146 (0): saa7146_wait_for_debi_done_sleep timed out while waiting
>> for
>> transfer completion
>> saa7146 (0): saa7146_wait_for_debi_done_sleep timed out while waiting
>> for
>> transfer completion
>> saa7146 (0): saa7146_wait_for_debi_done_sleep timed out while waiting
>> for
>> transfer completion
>>
>> The above complaint started as soon MythBackend started hopping from
>> channel to channel and gathering EIT-information. These messages came
>> every once couple of minutes until I stopped the test run.
>
> Oliver did changed two DEB_S() to printk. If you replace the DEB_S() with
> printk (or enable debug
> output) in saa7146_wait_for_debi_done() within a clean tree, probably you
> will get the same messages.

You are correct. I do get the same message if I change the DEB_S to printk
for a test run. Any ideas how to modify the system/settings not to error
all the time
(and I don't mean the actual error message) ? Somehow I think that this
machine should finally be capable of handling all three DVB-C cards
without hicups
(AMD X2 5600, asus crosshair etc etc).

Regards,
Tomi Orava