[linux-dvb] scan of dvb-s h.264 transponder

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Oct 18 13:52:05 CEST 2007

Igor Nikanov wrote:
> But in the channels.conf I didn't see the vpid's number for h,264 channels - is it possible to correct it ?

Yes, manually, by running "scan -o pids". Some networks (including the
experimental DVB-T broadcast in Yekaterinburg) mark H.264 video PIDs as
"OTHER", not as "VIDEO". Note, however, that neither xine nor mplayer
will play such channels. I have worked around such limitation in the
following way:

1) tune to a specific transponder with either dvbtune or tzap
2) run this command: dvbsnoop -s ts -b -tsraw >faw.ts
3) play raw.ts with ffplay

I think that this will work, too, if I make raw.ts a pipe instead of a
regular file (that grows too quickly).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov