[linux-dvb] dvbstream not working??

Hong Yin Lim hongyin.lim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:20:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am new to this whole dvb thing.

Basically, I want to capture the TS off the tv-tuner card (DVB-C).
I have successfully  used the czap & scan to get the channels configuration.

After that, I "make" the dvbstream: & run it to capture the TS off the card
as follows:
> dvbstream 8192 -o > test.ts

However in my output I get:

dvbstream v0.5 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001-2004
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
Setting filter for PID 8192
Output to stdout
Streaming 1 stream
Caught signal 2 - closing cleanly.

where the captured ts file: test.ts is 0 bytes.

I noticed from other discussions that the normal output would have something
like this:

Using DVB card "ST STV0297 DVB-C"
tuning DVB-C to 618000000, srate=XXXX000
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS:
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
Event:  Frequency: 628600000
        SymbolRate: XXXX000
        FEC_inner:  0