[linux-dvb] Patch for all tuners Beholder series 40x, 50x, 60x, M6, Columbus

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Sep 5 15:01:17 CEST 2007

Igor Kuznetsov wrote:
> Made support all tuners Beholder. Almost-not yet only support hardware MPEG decoders in a series of M6.
> Patch for all tuners Beholder series 40x, 50x, 60x, M6, and Columbus
> http://www.igk.ru/linux/files/v4l/v4l2-beholder-0.1.patch
> --
> Igor Kuznetsov "IgK"
> Email: igk72 at yandex.ru igk at igk.ru
> ICQ: 6651879

The patch is large, so I chopped it from the email.  For those interested, please see the original email:

Secondly, your patch introduces broken whitespace all over.  Tabs should be used for leading spacing, not a series of spaces.

We prefer for new cards to be added to the end of the card array-- not dispersed randomly throughout.

It looks like your large patch includes work from multiple contributors, based on the different names that I see commented within the card array additions.

You did not provide a sign-off on your work.  You should probably also collect sign-off's from those other developers involved in this work.

For more information on sign-off, and patch submissions to the v4l/dvb projects in general, please see:

The preferred method would be to clone the latest version of the repository from linuxtv.org, apply your patch to that tree, test it, and then generate a new diff as follows:

hg diff > new.patch

Then, send in that new patch to the mailing lists.

Again, when you send in the new patch with sign-offs , please be sure to include the video4linux mailing list:

Linux and Kernel Video <video4linux-list at redhat.com>

Mike Krufky