[linux-dvb] Status of TT3200 driver development? Sharing might be the answer

Mario Smit mario.smit at tiscali.nl
Tue Sep 11 21:53:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

Background
----------
Two weeks ago I've received my new TT3200 DVB/S2 card. Since that moment
I've tried to get it working under Linux.

I've downloaded all the patches, bits and pieces from Manu, Laasa and
others and made it work, kind of... Which means it once in a while locks
on DVB/S channels and never locked on DVB/S2 channels. This means the
driver in it's current state is far from ready and is worthless.

I am a programmer myself and am willing to put my time in it. But there
is absolutely no public information available. That's strange because
without this information the current driver could never get to the state
it is now. I've read some people had contact with STM, it's even in the
copyright notice, but why don't we share this information?

Sharing as a solution