[linux-dvb] DVB API update

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 03:36:20 CEST 2007

I cannot resist ;-)

since I stumbled over the RCU documentation I seriously would like to
invite several linuxtv people (especially Steven Stoth, Mauro Chehab,
Michael Krufky, Manu Abraham last but not least myself [but I read
already it] ;-) to read about RCU...

"RCU is a synchronization mechanism that was added to the Linux kernel
during the 2.5 development effort that is optimized for read-mostly
situations. Although RCU is actually quite simple once you understand
it, getting there can sometimes be a challenge. Part of the problem is
that most of the past descriptions of RCU have been written with the
mistaken assumption that there is "one true way" to describe RCU.
Instead, the experience has been that different people must take
different paths to arrive at an understanding of RCU. This document
provides several different paths, as follows"

http://www.rdrop.com/users/paulmck/RCU/whatisRCU.html

these few lines exactly cover a similar situation (but probably worse)
about linuxtv which covers analogue and digital TV.

Markus