[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S Plus

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 00:11:01 CEST 2008

On 01/04/2008, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>  >
>  > Linux smithers.home 2.6.22.9-91.fc7 #1 SMP Thu Sep 27 23:10:59 EDT
>  > 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>  >
>  > No problems using my card pointed at Astra 28.2E.
>

> I wonder if the lesson to take home is to either use a relatively old
>  kernel, such as 2.6.18, or a kernel as new as possible. But avoid
>  in-between versions such as, let's say, 2.6.20

Possibly. On the DVB wiki
(http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus) there
are reports of problems on 2.6.22.14, which is a _later_ than the one
on my test machine. I guess the only real answer is try it on the
distro you want, and see how it goes. It definitely does work though,
and has been supported since 2006.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: