[linux-dvb] Problems compiling hacked szap.c

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther linux-dvb at okg-computer.de
Wed Apr 2 15:54:54 CEST 2008

Hi!

I have problems compiling szap.c for multiproto. I use kernel 2.6.24
I followed the instructions of Manu posted to the list a few months ago:

> Make sure you have the updated headers (frontend.h, version.h in your include path)
> (You need the same headers from the multiproto tree)
>
> wget http://abraham.manu.googlepages.com/szap.c
> copy lnb.c and lnb.h from dvb-apps to the same folder where you downloaded szap.c
>
> cc -c lnb.c
> cc -c szap.c
> cc -o szap szap.o lnb.o
>
> That's it
>
> Manu

but it won't work.

I get the following error:

dev:/usr/src/szap# cc -c szap.c
szap.c: In function ‘zap_to’:
szap.c:368: error: ‘struct dvbfe_info’ has no member named ‘delivery’
szap.c:372: error: ‘struct dvbfe_info’ has no member named ‘delivery’
szap.c:376: error: ‘struct dvbfe_info’ has no member named ‘delivery’
szap.c:401: error: ‘struct dvbfe_info’ has no member named ‘delivery’
szap.c:412: error: ‘struct dvbfe_info’ has no member named ‘delivery’
dev:/usr/src/szap#

lnb.c compiles without error.

I have compiled szap under older kernel without error, but when I use
this compiled szap now (under 2.6.24) I get the following error:

dev:~# szap ProSieben
reading channels from file '/root/.szap/channels.conf'
zapping to 208 'ProSieben':
sat 0, frequency = 12544 MHz H, symbolrate 22000000, vpid = 0x01ff, apid
= 0x0200 sid = 0x445d
Querying info .. Delivery system=DVB-S
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
ioctl DVBFE_GET_INFO failed: Operation not supported
dev:~#

I've successfully compiled multiproto drivers with the compat.h patch
für 2.6.24 kernel. The modules load without errors, but I can not szap
to any channel.

Can you help me??

Thanks,
  Jens