[linux-dvb] Any progress about SkyStar 2.8A support and Conexant agreement?

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Wed Apr 2 15:54:34 CEST 2008

Michael Krufky wrote:
> Steven Toth wrote:
>> Ali H.M. Hoseini wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any progress about Conexant NDA negotiations?
>>> Patrick said that the problem is just Conexant not agreeing to release
>>> tuner spec for open source, and he works on this to solve the problem in
>>> 3-4 weeks but now its over a month.
>>> Could we mail Conexant altogether to push them to agree to this?
>>>
>>> Should I switch to windows, just because Conexant does not like open source?
>> Hmm, which part is the issue?
>
> CX24113

Good, thanks.

Ali, speaking from experience, it can take a long time to get public
datasheets out of Conexant. They have a lot to preserve and protect. On
the other hand they've also been very co-operative with the community.
Sit tight and wait, if you'd wanted to use your board under Linux from
the beginning then you should of bought a different board.

Bombarding Conexant via email will only delay things and sour any
relationship certain members of the community already have established.

- Steve