[linux-dvb] Help with unsupported DVB-T usb stick (CE6230)

Paolo Pettinato p.pettinato at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:25:13 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm new to this mailing list so please excuse me if I do some mistakes
:) also I feel sorry for my English :)
I've recently bought a cheap DVB-T dongle on ebay. Works like a charm
on windows XP, but it seems that there's no support on linux (I've
done some searching).
The vendorid:productid codes are 8086:9500. On "Device Manager" it is
listed as "CE6230 Standalone Driver (BDA)". On its properties, it says
that it's manufactured by Realfine Ltd and is on Location 0
(CE9500B1).
Since I can't stand the fact that I can't use some hardware on linux,
I'm asking two questions:
1. Has any work be done to support this device (or similar ones, like
- I think - the "AVerMedia USB2.0 DVB-T A310")?
2. If so, how can I help further developing?

I'm a student in computer engineering, so I won't mind spending some
time on driver developing (though I have never done till now).
Paolo