[linux-dvb] Technisat SkyStar2 rev 2.7 and 2.8 status

Ian Bishop ibishop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:45:52 CEST 2008

Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher <at> desy.de> writes:
(snip)
> Not so good news for the rev 2.8 users, yet. The driver is finished (I'm
> using it since 2 weeks under the same conditions as above), but I cannot
> make it open source yet, I'm doing my best to do it and will announce it,
> as soon as I have news.
(snip)

Hi Patrick, first off, thanks for your hard work!

I was just wondering if there's an ETA, or if there is something we can do to
help get these drivers released?

My company just bought a large number of cards to find they're an unsupported
rev.  We were about to send them back when I found this post.

The Skystar 2's have always been an excellent choice for our application, I'd
really hate to have to start supporting/sourcing another device.

Thanks, Ian