[linux-dvb] WinTV-NOVA-TD & low power muxes

Greg Thomas Greg at TheThomasHome.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 14:34:25 CEST 2008

On 08/04/2008, Philip Pemberton <lists at philpem.me.uk> wrote:
> Greg Thomas wrote:
>  > After trying the latest drivers, I had a go under Windows; exactly the
>  > same set of channels. I just guess the Nova-TD isn't that sensitive. I
>  > may just have to look at boosting my signal, somehow :(
>
>  What I did was put a 6dB attenuator between my aerial and the Nova-TD. This
>  weakens the signal to the point that all the muxes are in the Nova's capture
>  range. It locks on, and you get a near perfect signal on all the muxes.

Well, you explanation sounded good enough for me to nip into town this
weekend and buy an attenuator. Sure enough, I can now pick up all the
channels with no problems. I'll probably add a not to the Wiki along
these lines.

Greg