[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nova-TD trouble: still or again?

Luca Ingianni luca.i at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 14:37:58 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 23 April 2008 11:23:03 schrieb Henrik Beckman:
> Working ok for me on Gutsy, Abit 630i motherboard.
> About the kernel, the bug is fixed in 2.6.24-14 for ubuntu, are you running
> an Ubuntu kernel or your own ?

THanks for your reply Hendrik.

I'm running the stock Ubuntu hardy kernel
luca at godzilla:~$ uname -a
Linux godzilla 2.6.24-16-generic #1 SMP Thu Apr 10 12:47:45 UTC 2008 x86_64
GNU/Linux
and according to the Ubuntu bugtracker it should have been fixed for 2.6.24-14
in ubuntu, as you say. I've also checked, the fix *is* in the sources, so
everything *should* be right.

Right at this moment I'm compiling from Ubuntu sources using a stock
Ubuntu .config, just to make sure the fix actually made it into the kernel
binary.
I'll report back after I've tried the new kernel, but if this doesn't help I'm
kind of stumped.

Have fun,
Luca