[linux-dvb] Geniatech DVB-S Digistar

Wayne and Holly wayneandholly at woosh.co.nz
Wed Apr 30 12:22:05 CEST 2008

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me with some trouble I am
having with the subject TV card.
The card seems to be  automagically detected fine and kind of works with
MythTV (it gets good lock and all of the channels are present) but when
watching live TV on the frontend it struggles.  I will get perfect
playback for the first couple of seconds before it begins to skip and
pixelate such that it is completely unwatchable.  It has the appearance
of the CPU not being fast enough, or perhaps insufficient RAM but I'm
sure that is not the case (specs at end of email).  If I record using
the card without watching live TV it copes far better (only a handfull
of small skips during a half hour recording) which again suggests the
system isn't powerful enough.
I also have a Twinhan 1020a installed and it works with no problems
whatsoever (no skips at all), is there any chance that having the two
cards installed could be part of the problem?

Below are the lspci and dmesg outputs relevant to the Geniatech: