[linux-dvb] hauppauge HVR 900H

Aidan Thornton makosoft at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:18:09 CEST 2008

2008/4/29 andy <andy.white at gmail.com>:
> Hi,  I got one of these at the weekend, not noticing it's a 'H' version, and
> isn't currently supported, an it looks like supplies of the non H version
> are low from the usual suppliers.
>
> From posts, It looks like this is tm6000 based, that I should add the usb id
> ( 0x2040, 0x6600 )  to tm6000-cards.c and extract the firmware from
> emBDA.sys (taken from driver CD).
>
> I am stalled at the firmware extraction, extract_xc3028.pl  doesn't
> recognize this and gives a hash error :-), and am confused to there being a
> single firmware if there are two chipsets (tm6000 and em28xx) covered in the
> one emBDA.sys ?
>
> I tried hvr 12x0 firmware and got
>  7377.869117] xc2028 0-0061: Loading 80 firmware images from
> tm6000-xc3028.fw, type: xc2028 firmware, ver 2.7
> [ 7377.869226] xc2028 0-0061: Firmware type SCODE (60000000), id 0 is
> corrupted (size=6704, expected 12586192)
>
> I also tried to compile firmware-tool, but it has problems compiling.
>
> Before I sink many more hours into this, has any made any progress with this
> card or can point me in the right direction ?

Hi,

The firmware you're referring to is for the xc3028 tuner chip, which
is used by lots of different hardware (including various em28xx and
tm6000 based hardware). IIRC, the tm6000-based hardware supposedly
needs a different firmware to the one used by anything else, but the
driver still shouldn't report the firmware file as corrupt.

Incidentally, if you're using http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/tm6000 I
suspect you should be using http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/tm6010
instead - it seems to be the more up-to-date version. (In particular,
the firmware file format may have changed since tm6000, which would
explain your problems.)

Aidan