[linux-dvb] Problems using DISEQC with TBS 8920 DVB-S2 card

Johannes Michler orgler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:29:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

I recently got an TBS 8920 DVB-S2 card and I'm now trying to get it work
using Ubuntu 8.04.
Since the card wasn't automatcially detected and the list appearing when
from here: http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/PCIDVBS2.html
I compiled and installed the drivers as descripted, and after a reboot the
card was propely detected.
My satelitte configuration is as follows: I've got a monoblock LNB, with
Hotbird13 on "A" and Astra19 on "B"
doing a "scan /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-s/Hotbird" reports
me a lot of channels. But the diseq signal is being ignored, when doing
"scan -s 1 Hotbird" I get the same channels and doing "scan -s 1 Astra"
gives me no channels (scan is aborted after a view seconds, saying it cannot
do initial tuning)
dmesg tells someting about sending 18V and 13V, but this seems to be
informative messages only.
Did someone here succeed in getting this card to work? Or is there another
card which is "equal" to this card. I don't now unfortunately what TBS
changed in there linux driver, this doesn't seem to be documented. The
cx88-cards.h entry for my card is as follows:

[CX88_BOARD_TBS8920] = {

.name = "TBS DVB-S/S2",

.tuner_type = TUNER_ABSENT,

.radio_type = UNSET,