[linux-dvb] KNC One DVB-S2 symbol rate problems

Gregor Fuis gujs.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:50:17 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have Rohde & Schwarz SFU signal generator until 11.8.2008 at work so I run
some tests on my KNC DVB-S2 card to se if it also has problems with symbol
rates everybody complains.

I have got these results with frequency set to 12303000MHz and changing
symbol rate and FEC CODE RATE. I just measured upper setting of symbol rate
when problems started. When I tried lower sybmol rates from 1000000 and up I
did not get any problems. All this is measured in DVB-S2 standard.

Constellation QPSK - FEC 2/3
Symbol rate    Result
29600000    LOCK
29700000    NO LOCK

Constellation 8PSK - FEC 2/3
Symbol rate    Result
30000000    LOCK
30100000    NO LOCK

Constellation QPSK - FEC 3/4
Symbol rate    Result
22200000    LOCK
22300000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation 8PSK - FEC 3/4
Symbol rate    Result
30000000    LOCK
30100000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation QPSK - FEC 4/5
Symbol rate    Result
22200000    LOCK
22300000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation QPSK - FEC 5/6
Symbol rate    Result
22200000    LOCK
22300000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation 8PSK - FEC 5/6
Symbol rate    Result
30000000    LOCK
30100000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation QPSK - FEC 8/9
Symbol rate    Result
22200000    LOCK
22300000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation 8PSK - FEC 8/9
Symbol rate    Result
24000000    LOCK
24100000    Unstable LOCK, this means that it gets LOCK, then loses LOCK,
then this is repeating
--------all between Unstable LOCK
26500000    Unstable LOCK
26600000    NO LOCK

Constellation QPSK - FEC 9/10
Symbol rate    Result
22200000    LOCK
22300000    LOCK for 1 second - Then loses LOCK

Constellation 8PSK - FEC 9/10
Symbol rate    Result
20000000    LOCK
20100000    Unstable LOCK, this means that it gets LOCK, then loses LOCK,
then this is repeating
--------all between Unstable LOCK
24900000    Unstable LOCK
25000000    NO LOCK

If someone have some patches which could solve the problems I will gladly
test it for him, but as I said before I have this SFU generator just to
11.8.2008.

Best Regards,
Gregor Fuis