[linux-dvb] WinTV-HVR-1800

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:51:46 CEST 2008

2008/8/13 Mark A Jenks <Mark.Jenks at nsighttel.com>:
> I am looking at purchasing a few 1800's for a new Myth box that I am setting
> up.
> Should I get the ones with the IR's, or not?   Is the IR support on linux?
> I can't find anything searching around.
> -Mark

If you want to do analog recording using the 1800's on Myth, you might
want to consider another card or wait until the drivers improve.  I
have a 1800 in my system and the digital tuner works great, but the
analog doesn't work consistently in Myth.  I got it working once, but
the next time I rebooted I was getting a fuzzy picture again.  Even
when it was working correctly, the recording length Myth reported was
never correct (1 hour 14 minutes for a 1 hour recording).

The analog tuner seems to work much better if you use tvtime or
capture directly from the hardware.  I think Myth is expecting the
driver to work exactly like the ivtv driver and it certainly doesn't
do that yet.