[linux-dvb] HVR-4000 and Mythtv with latest version of mythbuntu

Andres Revilla Ortiz arocs at yahoo.es
Thu Aug 14 16:43:53 CEST 2008

Hi ...

First of all i would like to apreciated your superb work of making this great mailing list ... THANKS ...

 I am a medium experience user of linux , and now i have decided to use it as a multimedia frontend .. So i have install mythbuntu distro .... It is possible to watch movies , photos .. etc ... but i have a lot of problems with TV module ....i explain my odissey to watch tv on HVR-4000 card ...

1) I have installed the multifrontend driver  for the hvr-4000 as is explained in the page http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000 . Linux kernel is 2..6.24-19 .

2) After that  i reboot and start to configure mythtv . It is possible to scan the DVB-T and DVB-S channels .

3) When i tried to watch the channels in mythtv , it tells me that the channel is locked and the screen is blank .

4) I stop the daemon of mythbackend with /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop .

5) Start kaffeine and scan for some dvb-t channels ... and it's all ok , i can watch the tdt channels ..

6) After that i start /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start

7) An now it is possible to watch dvb-t with mythtv ... But when i restart computer i have to make all the process ... (stop daemon , start kaffeine , start daemon , and mythfrontend).

It is possible to solve this problem ...?

Thanks for all ...

Golvellius ...

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es