[linux-dvb] HVR-1600 - mxl5005s - QAM scanning

Brandon Jenkins bcjenkins at tvwhere.com
Fri Aug 15 03:18:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at linuxtv.org> wrote:
> Brandon Jenkins wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>> The last time I tried scanning for QAM it didn't work. If I recall, it
>> would be a while before the driver could be looked at. Has there been
>> any change in status worth testing out again?
> I have an HVR1600 model 74041 -- When I scan for QAM channels, I find the same channels that I find when I scan using any other QAM256-capable device.
> So yes, it's worth testing again.
> You wrote that email at noon, and now is eight hours later -- did you test it yet?
> -Mike

Actually I did. Unfortunately, no change for usable scans. For me
there was a change in the scan results when the driver went from
mxl500x to mxl5005s back in May. (I think it was May) Since then I
have been using my roof top antenna. However, now that VZ has moved to
all digitlal channels I would like to see what I actually get via QAM

I did find 40 services during a scan, but there were no associated
PIDs. When it functioned, I was getting 80+ services.

dumping lists (40 services)

Subsequent scan in SageTV only turned up 1 SD channel.

During the scan, the following appears in dmesg:

[52241.432909] DVB: frontend 0 frequency 4294967295 out of range
[52241.543936] DVB: frontend 0 frequency 4294967295 out of range
[52254.018384] DVB: frontend 0 frequency 53000000 out of range

FTR - This was tested on Hauppauge model 74041, rev C5B2