[linux-dvb] HVR-1600 - mxl5005s - QAM scanning

Brandon Jenkins bcjenkins at tvwhere.com
Fri Aug 15 03:18:44 CEST 2008


On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at linuxtv.org> wrote:
> Brandon Jenkins wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> The last time I tried scanning for QAM it didn't work. If I recall, it
>> would be a while before the driver could be looked at. Has there been
>> any change in status worth testing out again?
>
> I have an HVR1600 model 74041 -- When I scan for QAM channels, I find the same channels that I find when I scan using any other QAM256-capable device.
>
> So yes, it's worth testing again.
>
> You wrote that email at noon, and now is eight hours later -- did you test it yet?
>
> -Mike
>

Actually I did. Unfortunately, no change for usable scans. For me
there was a change in the scan results when the driver went from
mxl500x to mxl5005s back in May. (I think it was May) Since then I
have been using my roof top antenna. However, now that VZ has moved to
all digitlal channels I would like to see what I actually get via QAM
again.

I did find 40 services during a scan, but there were no associated
PIDs. When it functioned, I was getting 80+ services.

dumping lists (40 services)
[01d6]:411000000:QAM_256:2031:2030:470
[0078]:411000000:QAM_256:2058:2057:120
[009a]:411000000:QAM_256:2044:2043:154
[0105]:411000000:QAM_256:2035:2034:261
[0064]:411000000:QAM_256:2062:2061:100
[0091]:411000000:QAM_256:2053:2052:145
[0097]:411000000:QAM_256:2049:2047:151
[00c3]:411000000:QAM_256:2039:2038:195
[00d9]:417000000:QAM_256:2000:1999:217
[00a6]:417000000:QAM_256:2012:2011:166
[008d]:417000000:QAM_256:2017:2016:141
[00cd]:417000000:QAM_256:2004:2003:205
[00a8]:417000000:QAM_256:2008:2007:168
[0070]:417000000:QAM_256:2022:2021:112
[0110]:417000000:QAM_256:1992:1991:272
[0068]:417000000:QAM_256:2027:2026:104
[00dd]:417000000:QAM_256:1996:1995:221
[01d7]:423000000:QAM_256:2042:2041:471
[007c]:423000000:QAM_256:2062:2061:124
[00eb]:423000000:QAM_256:2055:2054:235
[0140]:423000000:QAM_256:2050:2049:320
[00d5]:423000000:QAM_256:2059:2058:213
[0142]:423000000:QAM_256:2047:2046:322
[0104]:423000000:QAM_256:2038:2037:260
[006e]:429000000:QAM_256:2034:2033:110
[00ee]:429000000:QAM_256:2013:2012:238
[00ba]:429000000:QAM_256:2022:2021:186
[00e5]:429000000:QAM_256:2017:2016:229
[00f2]:429000000:QAM_256:2009:2008:242
[0087]:429000000:QAM_256:2027:2026:135
[00ae]:435000000:QAM_256:1629:1628:174
[008f]:435000000:QAM_256:1639:1638:143
[00b4]:435000000:QAM_256:1625:1624:180
[00d3]:435000000:QAM_256:1613:1612:211
[0095]:435000000:QAM_256:1634:1633:149
[00df]:435000000:QAM_256:1608:1607:223
[00c1]:435000000:QAM_256:1621:1620:193
[00c7]:435000000:QAM_256:1617:1616:199
[0266]:711000000:QAM_256:6141:6142:614
[026a]:711000000:QAM_256:6181:6182:618

Subsequent scan in SageTV only turned up 1 SD channel.

During the scan, the following appears in dmesg:

[52241.432909] DVB: frontend 0 frequency 4294967295 out of range
(54000000..858000000)
[52241.543936] DVB: frontend 0 frequency 4294967295 out of range
(54000000..858000000)
[52254.018384] DVB: frontend 0 frequency 53000000 out of range
(54000000..858000000)

FTR - This was tested on Hauppauge model 74041, rev C5B2

Thanks,

Brandon



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list