[linux-dvb] how to save epg data directly from dvb device?

Jody Gugelhupf knueffle at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 20:39:56 CEST 2008

Hi there,
i got a dvb-s pci card, I want to get all the epg data available from several satellites, all the channels they got. I got two questions.

1. Is it possible using dvbstream to save the raw epg data in a file?
  1.1 if yes, how?
  1.2 if no, how can i save the raw epg data from dvb-s?
2. What kind of converters are there already, that convert raw epg data into any usable format e.g. xml ? and which ones are those?

thx for any help and please any hints tips are welcome :)
jody :D