[linux-dvb] Hauppauge HVR-1800 Analog issues

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 02:41:22 CEST 2008

2008/8/19 Jay Modi <jaymode at gmail.com>:
> Steven Toth wrote:
>>
>> Remove all other video drivers (with make unload) and try again.
>>
>> If the HVR1800 is the only capture in the system then it will be
>> registered as /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.
>>
>> If you have to, try physically removing the other card and re-run the
>> test.

I have the same problem.  I unloaded all the other drivers and ran the
modprobe commands you suggested.  After that, I did the following
commands:
cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg
ctrl-c to stop capture
mplayer test.mpg

Video is black with wavy lines, looks like it isn't tuned to a
channel, attempt to tune cable channel 21:
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 -f 163.250

cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg
ctrl-c to stop capture
mplayer test.mpg

Video is still black with wavy lines.  My dmesg output is attached.

As as side note, running ivtv-tune -c 21 is enough to cause the same
I/O error that Jay saw if I attempt to capture afterwards.
-Brian