[linux-dvb] dib0700 and analog broadcasting

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Aug 21 22:29:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<devin.heitmueller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at linuxtv.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 4:13 PM, gothic nafik <nafik at nafik.cz> wrote:
>>> One more question - what about radio and remote control via lirc? Can i
>>> receive radio signal via antenna (for digital tv) i got in box with
>>> notebook? Is today's version of dib0700 module able to create /dev/radio?
>>
>> The driver supports IR, but does not require LIRC, afaik -- try it
>> yourself and find out if your device is supported.
>>
>> Radio is analog, thus, not supported by this driver.
>
> FWIW:  Working on CX25843 analog support for the dib0700 based
> Pinnnacle PCTV HD Pro was next on my list once I get the ATSC support
> working.

Devin,

Lets sync up when you get to that point -- I have a good chunk of code
written that will add analog support to the dvb-usb framework as an
optional additional adapter type.

Hopefully I'll get more work done on it before then, but if not, this
is at least a good starting point.

The idea is to add support to the framework so that the sub-drivers
(such as dib0700, cxusb et al) can all use the common code.

CX25843 is already supported, just the dvb-usb framework currently
lacks a v4l2 interface.

Regards,

Mike