[linux-dvb] Support of Nova S SE DVB card missing

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sat Aug 23 17:09:37 CEST 2008

Hi Hartmut and Eberhard,

thanks for pointing that out, I almost overlooked the previous mail from
Eberhard.

Eberhard, are you able to try patches and to compile your own drivers in
order to help finding the best solution.

One option is to put back the original code in case the
repeated-start-workaround is not set. But this one looks not very
protected. I mean between the two i2c_transfer-calls something else could
happen.

Is there no other mean to tell to the i2c-adapter to do a repeated start
within one i2c_transfer-call?

Another option would be to try to set the "repeated_start_workaround"
option also for the Nova SE card.

What do you think?

Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de